Last updated: December 29, 2021
- Information collected through mediums other than our Services;
- Information collected by any person or entity other than us, even if related to our Services (such as a third-party website, application, widget or lead form).
Information We Collect and Receive About You
We might receive or collect several types of information about you, such as the information described below.
Information You Provide
The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our Services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
Information Third Parties Provide
We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, other users and our business partners.
General Use and Preference Information
We may collect, receive and store information regarding your general use of our Services (such as details of how and when you used our Services, interactions with our Services, log in information, resources that you access, your Internet protocol address, your browser type, and your device type), as well as your preferences.
When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
If you enable the collection of location information on your device, then we may collect information about your actual location, such as your mobile device’s GPS coordinates. We may also use other technologies to determine your location (such as through the location of nearby Wi-Fi access points or cell towers), or obtain your location information from third parties.
We may collect your phone number in several ways. For example, we may collect your phone number: (i) if you submit your phone number to us through our Services; (ii) by capturing your phone number if you call us; or (iii) if a third party provides your phone number to us.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
We and third parties use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our Services, including sending cookies, pixel tags or other anonymous identifiers to your device. "Cookies" are pieces of data stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. A "pixel tag" is a type of technology placed within a website or email for the purpose of tracking activity, which is often used in combination with cookies. Other "anonymous identifiers" are random strings of characters used for the same purposes as cookies, such as with mobile devices where cookie technology is not available. These technologies help us know that you are logged on, provide you with features based on your preferences, understand when you are interacting with our Services, and compile other information regarding use of our Services.
The information collected through these technologies, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information (i.e., information that can identify you). If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Please note that, in most cases, you can remove or block cookies (such as by using the settings in your browser), but doing so may affect your ability to use our Services.
How We Use Information
We may make Use of Your Information for various lawful business purposes. Among others, these purposes may include using Your Information to:
- Engage in customer support. For example, we might confirm and complete transactions requested by you, verify information you provide to us and provide you with administrative notices.
- Contact you and provide you with information. For example, we might provide or contact you through telephone, email, postal or other communications with Service updates, promotional materials, surveys, offers, quotes, personalized information and other information from us or our business partners.
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations. For example, we might obtain feedback regarding our Services, understand and anticipate your needs and preferences, better understand your use of our Services, customize and tailor Service content and advertising, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, engage in statistical analysis and provide feedback to our vendors, advertisers and other third parties.
How We Disclose Information
General Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Your Information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services’ maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to Use Your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep Your Information confidential;
- To third parties that are interested in contacting you or providing offers to you that may be related to our Services or about products or services you may find of interest;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfers, below); and
- To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
If you do not want Your Information shared as described above, then you should not provide us with Your Information.
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take Your Information and de-identify it either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating Your Information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-identifying Your Information). We reserve the right to share, loan, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose such information to third parties at any time, for any lawful purpose, without notice or compensation to you.
Sharing with Friends
Circumvention of Security Measures
We follow industry standards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction, such as encrypting sensitive information. Understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, and you understand that email or other communications over the Internet, as well as SMS or text messages, are not secure and may be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet, by WiFi, or other means. We strongly recommend that e-mail messages do not contain personal or confidential information, particularly highly identifiable, sensitive information such as your Social Security number and driver’s license information.
You must be at least 13 years of age to register with or use certain portions of the Services. The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 years of age may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child, please contact us by clicking here.
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as "online behavioral advertising." For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of a website, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and a website. Please see the "Online Behavioral Advertising" subsection of Choices About How We Use and Collect Your Information below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
User Generated Content
We offer publicly accessible blogs and other interactive media through our Services. To request removal of Your Information from our blog or community forum, contact us by clicking here. In some cases, we may not be able to remove Your Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions through our Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. If a portion of our Services allows you to create an account with us, then you can review and update Your Information by logging into that portion of our Services, visiting your account profile page and making changes. We will retain Your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt out choice.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Links to Third-Party Websites
Third Party Widgets and Plug-ins
Operation of our Services in the United States
Our Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Services or providing us with Your Information, you consent to this transfer.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding Your Information, you may call our toll-free number at 844-593-8916 or use our online request form or portal at: home.globelifeinsurance.com/customer-service.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California consumers who have business relationships with us may choose to opt out of the sharing of their personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California consumer and (1) you wish to opt out of sharing; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please contact us at home.globelifeinsurance.com/customer-service.
Alternatively, you may send a written request to the following address:
ATTN: PRIVACY OFFICE
PO Box 8080
McKinney, TX 75070
Information for California consumers (California Consumer Privacy Act)
Collection of Information
We collect and retain the following categories of personal information, which is necessary information for us to comply with regulations governing the insurance industry and the issuance of insurance policies, or which we collect to provide information about products or services that you request or to provide to authorized agents to contact you about relevant products or services based on information you request. This personal information may include any of the following categories of personal information: (1) your real name, postal address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, email address, and/or similar identifiers. We may collect such categories of personal information about you from: your completion of an application for insurance or other forms; your transactional history and other experience with us and other companies. All such personal information is used to comply with federal, state and local laws, and regulations governing our insurance business.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information for Business Purposes
Currently we may use and disclose—and during the past 12 months, we have used and disclosed—the following categories of personal information: your real name, postal address, telephone number, and/or email address with our affiliated insurance companies, to our independent agents, service providers, and with third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements to respond to your inquiries and requests (e.g. emails, fulfillment mailings, newsletters), complete and fulfill any inquiry for information or purchase you make, for marketing and advertising purposes, to perform services on our behalf, and for the purpose of offering complementary insurance and financial services to our own insurance products and services.
We do not sell personal information of California consumers. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Your Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, Disclosed, and to Request Deletion
If you are a California consumer, upon our receipt of a verifiable request from you, you can obtain access to the personal information about you which we have collected, used, or disclosed. You may also request deletion of your personal information that is collected and maintained by us, as provided by law.
To submit a verifiable consumer request to know what personal information we may have collected, used, disclosed, or to request deletion of personal information, you may call our toll-free number at 844-593-8916 or use our online request form or portal at: home.globelifeinsurance.com/customer-service. For existing policy or account holders, you may be asked to verify your identify through the existing authentication procedures of your account, and we may re-authenticate you to verify your identity.
For non-policyholders, we will verify a consumer’s identity by matching at least two or three consumer-provided data points with data points that we maintain, depending on the sensitivity of the information involved.
Your Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
In addition to the above, California consumers have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information, as such term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We do not sell the personal information of California consumers.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for the exercise of any of your privacy rights conferred by the “CCPA”.
As a California consumer, you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf by your signed authorization. To do so, please write to us at the address provided below, providing your full name and address, the name and address of your authorized agent, the agent’s contact information, specifying your relationship with the authorized agent, the purpose for which you are designating the authorized agent, and provide your signed authorization. You may revoke the authority of that agent at any time by contacting us in writing at the address below.
Do Not Track
Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of Do Not Track signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor Do Not Track signals.
Consumers with Disabilities
Any consumers with a disability may contact us or have an authorized agent contact us by calling our customer service department at 1-877-577-3860 or by visiting our website contact below.
Contact for More Information
For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, or wish to request our policy in an alternative format please contact us at home.globelifeinsurance.com/customer-service.
Alternatively, you may send a written request to the following address:
ATTN: PRIVACY OFFICE
PO Box 8080
McKinney, TX 75070